Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Birthday cake


Like son, like father, or wait, it should be the other way around right? One of Caleb's co-workers gave Caleb the idea to sit on the table to blow out his birthday candles. Of course he wasn't going to let that bright idea pass him by!
Here was my poor attempt at decorating the birthday cake. I had forgotten to pick up some cake decorating icing, so I just had to come up with something myself. Just a note to all you aspiring cake decorators out there, knives don't work very well when trying to put the wording on the cake. If you are wondering what it says: Happy 30-4 yrs, 0+1 day Birthday. If you are wondering why the math equation, Caleb always puts a really difficult one on my cake. So I just came up with one on my own. I know, I should stick with nursing.

2 comments:

Katrina Wilson said...

well I thought the math things was the cutest idea! It is so fitting for my brother!

rneweyfamily said...

In a pinch you can put frosting in a ziploc bag and cut a small corner off. Cute cake, though, fitting.